Monday, June 18, 2012

Documentary: The Interrupters

Photo: Frontline


Directed by Steve James and produced by Alex Kotlowitz, The Interrupters is a documentary talking about the violent landscape that's been taking place in Chicago. I watched this documentary a few weeks ago and instantly fell in love with it. The style that's presented in The Interrupters is sort of how I want to present my film. I want viewers to go in-depth into my life and my experience in a wheelchair. A lot of people don't understand the work that it takes for me to get in my wheelchair and to get around on a daily basis. Here's a quick clip and it you haven't seen this documentary, I encourage you to check it out.

Frontline: The Interrupters


Watch The Interrupters (Graphic Language) on PBS. See more from FRONTLINE.

2 comments:

  1. I love the concept behind this movie. At the same time, I feel so sad watching it. I miss my family in Chicago, but I din't miss the violence:(

    Will you do your documentary with the same type of "day in the life" structure? I like the structure--makes you feel like tou're right there experiencing that person's reality.

    Peace and love,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really thinking of doing my documentary in that particular style. That's what I was impressed with in this documentary was the "day in the life" structure and I feel that it fits with what I'm presenting for my film.

      Delete